2. THERAPY? - Never Apologise Never Explain

Damn this rocks.  What a band.  They are just one of the all time greats.  Simple as that.  Last years’ High Anxiety was #6, I believe, and I loved it.  Less than a year later, they give me this.  Mind blowing stuff.  Every track is a winner.  ‘Polar Bear’, ‘Die Like a Motherfucker’ (I know, what a song title), ‘Last One to Heaven’s a Loser’…I could go on.  Andy still bangs out lyrics that do things to me; “For fuck sake help me, because I need a friend to get me through this…” and “I’m the President, and I like it, a fully fledged bible black-belt tyrant…” being examples.  This album reminds me of Nirvana.  I know that’s taboo to say, and I’m not really comparing them – it just has that feel, rock and pop, dirty and simple.  And classic.  The thing about Therapy? is that every album is different.  They never release the same thing twice (which is why they lost most of their fans after Troublegum, way back in ‘95), and yet they retain the essence of what makes them Therapy?  This band has released ten albums to date.  For me six of those are bona fide classics.  I’m not sure there is another band I could say that of.