5. THE ZUTONS - Who Killed the Zutons?

What do ya know?  How has this snuck into the top five?  It is garage pop/rock (with trumpets).  Hardly life-changing.  But it is so life-affirming.  I have played this fairly solidly for months.  It gets in here based on sheer airplay.  I must love it because I come back to it so often.  The Zutons are awesome live (seen them twice and counting) and write brilliant songs.  Really brilliant.  ‘Dirty Dancehall’ makes me jump like a fool (and is about Zombies, cool or what?), ‘You Will, You Won’t’ is stomping great, ‘Confusion’ is beautiful and lets the lyrics take over, and ‘Zuton Fever’ is as crazy as they are.  Mad scousers with a love for music.  And the most attractive trumpet player ever.  Even when I saw her in a yellow boiler suit.  I love this album and I love this band. (NB: Dad inspired #5)